Seasonal Gardener: Part Time
This position will assist with all facets of gardening and maintenance tasks throughout 23 acres of themed botanical gardens. Candidates must possess general knowledge about plants and landscaping equipment. Position will also help with event set-up. Training will be provided.
This position is available from March through mid-December. Candidate must be available for some weekend and evening events. A typical work week would be 28 hours, either 8 hours Monday through Wednesday and 4 hours on Thursday OR 8 hours Tuesdaythrough Thursday and 4 hours on Friday.
- Mowing grass weekly
- Weeding and edging weekly
- Deadheading roses weekly
- Mulching as needed
- Watering daily
- Snow removal
- Trash collection as needed
- Working with volunteers
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required to successfully perform duties/responsibilities:
- Valid PA driver’s license required
- Ability to stand, walk and kneel for extended periods
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Work may be performed in a variety of indoor and outdoor environments and weather conditions
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to consistently represent Hershey Gardens in a positive, professional manner
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school education or equivalent (must be at least 18 years old)
- Experience preferred but not mandatory (training will be provided)
- This position requires criminal history background checks in addition to child abuse background checks as a condition of employment
To apply, please send resume to email@example.com with the subject "Seasonal Gardener".
The M.S. Hershey Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions, including all hiring decisions, are made without regard to race, color, religion/creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, pregnancy, non-job-related disability, veteran status, possession of a General Education Development Certificate as compared to a high school diploma, or any other trait protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. We strive to hire the hardest working and most qualified individuals.