Gardener: FULL TIME (with benefits)
Summary of major duties:
- Perform professional gardening duties as directed by the Operations Manager.
- Work with other gardening staff to maintain the 23 acre garden.
- Assist in occasional basic maintenance operations, using power tools.
- Work may be performed in a variety of environments and weather conditions, including snow removal operations.
- 40 hours per week schedule that may include occasional weekends and evenings.
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required to successfully perform duties/responsibilities:
- Valid Pennsylvania driver’s license.
- Willing to successfully obtain a Pennsylvania Commercial or Private Applicators license.
- Demonstrate basic skill in oral and written communication.
- Demonstrate ability to represent Hershey Gardens in a positive, professional manner
- Occasionally assist with the set-up or tear-down of activities.
- Requires physical activity, including lifting up to 50 pounds and extended periods of standing or walking.
Minimum education and experience requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum of two years of experience in the horticulture field.
- This position requires criminal history background checks in addition to child abuse background checks as a condition of employment.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Gardener - FT” in the subject line.
The M.S. Hershey Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions, including all hiring decisions, are made without regard to race, color, religion/creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, pregnancy, non-job-related disability, veteran status, possession of a General Education Development Certificate as compared to a high school diploma, or any other trait protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. We strive to hire the hardest working and most qualified individuals.