Seasonal Gardener (part time)
This part-time position is from March until mid-December. Some weekend and evenings required. A typical work week would be 28 hours: either Monday through Wednesday 8 hours each day and 4 hours on Thursday or Tuesday through Thursday 8 hours each day and 4 hours Friday.
This position will assist gardening staff throughout the 23 acres. The position requires a general knowledge of working with plants and equipment. You may be asked to help with event planning and set-up.Training will be provided.
• Mowing grass weekly
• Weeding and edging weekly
• Deadheading roses weekly
• Mulching when needed
• Watering daily
• Working with volunteers
• Snow removal
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required to successfully perform duties/responsibilities:
• Able to work on your knees for a period of time
• Lifting > 30 lbs.
• Walking for long periods
• Being able to communicate with others
• Special work hours (some weekends, evenings, and holidays)
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
• High school education or equivalent (must be at least 18 years old)
• Experience preferred but not mandatory (training will be provided)
• This position requires criminal history background checks in addition to child abuse background checks as a condition of employment
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Seasonal Gardener” in the subject line.
Retail Associate (part time)
15-20 hours per week; weekends and holidays required
This year-round, part-time position assists guests with purchases in the retail shop, communicates guest feedback to the retail manager, ensures that the shop is neat and clean and stock is filled in a timely manner. This position is also responsible for money handling and daily reconciliation of a cash drawer. The position requires a general knowledge of all Hershey properties, as well as opportunities at other local attractions.
Minimum skills and requirements
- Applicants must be 16 years or older
- Applicants must be available on weekends and holidays
- Computer knowledge
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
- Ability to stand for up to 3 hours
- Ability to interact with the public, good oral communication skills
- 1-2 years experience interacting with the public preferred
This position requires criminal history background checks in addition to child abuse background checks as a condition of employment. Please send resume to info@HersheyGardens.org.
The M.S. Hershey Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions, including all hiring decisions, are made without regard to race, color, religion/creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, pregnancy, non-job-related disability, veteran status, possession of a General Education Development Certificate as compared to a high school diploma, or any other trait protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. We strive to hire the hardest working and most qualified individuals.