Seasonal Gardener: PART TIME
This part-time position is from March until mid-December. You must be available for some weekend and evening events. A typical work week would be 28 hours per week. It will be either Monday thru Wednesday 8 hours and 4 hours on Thursday or Tuesday thru Thursday 8 hours and 4 hours Friday.
This position will assist gardening staff throughout the 23 acres. The position requires a general knowledge of working with plants and equipment. You may be asked to help with event planning and set-up. Training will be provided.
• Mowing grass weekly
• Weeding and edging weekly
• Deadheading roses weekly
• Mulching when needed
• Watering daily
• Working with volunteers
• Snow removal
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required to successfully perform duties/responsibilities:
• Able to work on your knees for a period of time
• Lifting 30 lbs.<
• Walking for great lengths
• Being able to communicate with others
• Special work hours (some weekends, evenings, and holidays)
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
• High school education or equivalent (must be at least 18 years old)
• Experience preferred but not mandatory (training will be provided)
• This position requires criminal history background checks in addition to child abuse background checks as a condition of employment
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Seasonal Gardener” in the subject line.
The M.S. Hershey Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions, including all hiring decisions, are made without regard to race, color, religion/creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, pregnancy, non-job-related disability, veteran status, possession of a General Education Development Certificate as compared to a high school diploma, or any other trait protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. We strive to hire the hardest working and most qualified individuals.